Helping to Keep our Children Safe
In August 2001, the Diocese of Austin initiated an educational
program called Ethics and Integrity in Ministry which teaches the Catholic understanding that each
individual must be respected and honored. The programís policies provided that anyone ó volunteers, paid
staff, religious or clergy ó involved in a ministry with minors (those under the age of 18) or vulnerable
adults (those who are uniquely vulnerable to abuse because of physical or mental disabilities) is required to:
1. Submit a Parish Volunteer or Employee Application to the Diocese of Austin;
2. Agree to a criminal background check;
3. Attend a workshop on child sexual abuse.
Our original product, Datorum Applicatium was designed and created specifically for, and in
cooperation with, the Catholic Diocese of Austin to manage the Dioceseís Ethics and Integrity in Ministry policies.
our newest product which replaces Datorum Applicatium, is designed and created for any organization which
is involved with minors or vulnerable adults. It is an online database system that:
Manages the employee or volunteer application process;
2. Facilitates a criminal
background check from the information provided in the application;
3. Tracks workshop attendance for each
applicant within the organization.
To our knowledge,
truly is a unique product. No one else in the country combines the application, criminal background
check, and workshop tracking processes into a single, easy to use online database application. It is also a complete,
turnkey, low-cost system that is easily and securely implemented through the web from our web and database servers.
||We provide a secure website, which allows clergy, employees, and
volunteers to logon and enter all of their information as it pertains to their job or volunteer duties with the
church. Our web-enabled database program simplifies the tasks of collecting, organizing, and processing sensitive
information so that it can be easily submitted for background checks and, subsequently, diocesan and parish approval.
contains the following:
Diocese and parishes with the following:
- Application Information Collected for Clergy, Employees & Volunteers
- Contact Information
- Residence History
- Education History
- Employment History
- Volunteer Experience
- Criminal Background Check (CBC) Information
- Facilitates an instant CBC and Updates the Database
- Criminal Records Flagged and Reported to Diocese
- Diocese & Parish Administration
- Various Reports
A system like this would be very costly for a single diocese to design, implement and maintain. However, spread across many dioceses, a system like this is very cost effective to each participating diocese.
- Provides a sophisticated online database system that manages the application and criminal background
checks for employees and volunteers.
- Facilitates state and/or national criminal history checks, and manages the resulting information at
the diocese and parish levels.
- For background screening, eAppsDB provides an alternative to more expensive and time-consuming in-person, courthouse searches that have long been the only means for checking a personís criminal record.
- Much of the criminal history data that
subscribes to is the most complete and up to date information available instantly on the Internet.
- Instant searches on more than 123 million criminal records, from 61 state and county jurisdictions, most of which is updated monthly.
- The costs for criminal records searches have been negotiated at bulk rates using the latest Web XML technology, lowering the costs for each participating diocese.
- Your data is managed by our Professional IT staff, and is secured using enterprise-level technologies from companies like Microsoft, Dell, Intel, Computer Associates, and VeriSign.
- Product enhancements and updates are instantaneous, and require no diocese or parish staff involvement.
is currently certified for use with Internet Explorer 6.0 or later running on a Microsoft Windows platform.